Dear parishioners,

I attach here the updated Directives sent from the Office of the Bishop earlier this week. The only practical change for our parish is that we now move from the 4 square metre density rule to the 2 square metre density rule. Since we never approach the 2 square metre density capacity (except at Christmas - which we will soon make plans for), all parishioners will easily fit in our standard 4 Masses across the parishes of Unanderra and West Wollongong. As such the special Sunday 7pm Mass will not continue this weekend. I take this opportunity to once again thank all who came to that Mass, as this has eased pressure on the capacity limit at other Masses. Thankfully our monitors haven't had to turn anyone away from the church doors for any reason since Covid began!

I take this opportunity to thank our wonderful monitors for so quickly, reliably and cheerfully adapting to the new model of registration at Masses - in case anyone is not aware, the preferred process of registration is the ServiceNSW QR codes, though if that is not possible monitors will help register you in our local database.

We will maintain all of our other health precautions at this stage for the sake of the safety and peace of mind of all, especially the most vulnerable among us. It has been wonderful to see so many of you in person again, and I look forward to seeing all of you when you are ready and able to join us again.

God bless you all, keep you safe and give you peace,
Fr Duane